About 4Rogue Media
Who we are
4Rogue Media is a small independently owned media company located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our passion is in entertainment, with a strong focus on video & tabletop gaming & web/television series.
The goal is to embrace our freedom of control by having backers instead of investors. Why? Because it guarantees our focus stays where it should be. On the quality of the product, and more importantly, the gamers & consumers.
Those who back us of course share in the profits, and we will address concerns and questions but when you back 4Rogue, you’re putting your trust in our vision.
To bring gaming and entertainment back to a time where the focus was on:
Quality – Not making faceless investors money.
Story – Vibrant rich universes and characters that will make you laugh, cry and overall, fall in love with.
Creativity – It’s time to see innovation and fresh new ideas come. Not rehashing the old.
Community – Where the company listens, participates and involves everyone that uses our products.
More Than Just Games
When you buy a 4Rogue game, you’re not only getting a top-quality experience, but you’re helping to support a growing community. One built with the desire to help all creators further their projects.
Every developer, designer, artist has dreams, and more inside. Large corporations are dictated by boards and shareholders that don’t care about dreams. They care about profit. We aim to provide a space that individuals can find the resources and support they need to follow their passions. Without taking away control or revenue.
We will house the following:
• An audio recording room to do in-house recordings. A media area designed for streamers & podcasters.
• Printing area – With digital press production & large format printing
• Meeting space – enough to hold about 12 people.
• A complete second floor for any artists, designers, developers that need to rent a space to work, or to use our systems to test.
• Virtual mailbox systems for home-based creatives to use as a business address instead of having to use their home address, or pay outrageous prices at a Mailbox Rental store.
• Eventually, being in a position to publish and distribute games, video, music, books and more from in-house. While keeping the money in the hands of the talented creators that made it.
The key component to 4Rogue Media is the people we work with. Without them, nothing is possible. We want to make sure to reward each person who played a part in creating anything we release. So, we take a portion of our profits and put it right back into the people who create.
So, part of the profits go directly into our next project, part goes to our backers and the rest gets divided up between everyone who worked on the project. From full-time employees & actors to any freelance or contract artists/creators we hire.
Anyone whose blood sweat and tears go into a project should reap the rewards for its sale. Plain and simple.
We have a solid 15-year game plan that contains 5 original IP video game series, 5 free-to-play mobile games, 1 tabletop RPG with expansions, 3 web series, short films, and a few other projects. That is our baseline.
Alongside that, we will be ‘playing it by ear’ when it comes to additional projects. If an employee has an amazing idea, Hell yeah we’ll develop it. We would also love to build the company towards becoming a publisher as well as a developer.